Google Maps is a great tool for finding your ay around. It is available via a web browser on a computer or as an app for smartphones and tablets.
There is so much to do Google Maps so why not check out the suggested guide.
This guide was just a taster of what can be done within Google maps. For instance
- You can view maps in 3D, satellite images or a street view that you can virtually walk or drive down
- The inside of buildings are being added all the time so for example you could virtually walk through a shop or a historical landmark to gauge wether a visit in person is worthwhile.
- A record of everywhere you’ve been can be displayed on a map (I should point out that this option is turned off by default, you are not being monitored unless you want to be)
- Older street view maps of some areas are available
- Write or read revies on map locations
- See how long it takes to drive, walk, cycle etc between two places
- and much more
If you want to know how to do more with Google Maps, I can help.
Big Local North Cleethorpes and VANEL have teamed up to provide a free IT support service to local people, and if you live in North Cleethorpes then I can help you. I work part-time out of 82 Grimsby Road (the Big Local offices directly opposite Tesco Express) and all you need to do is make an appointment and pop in. I’ll answer your questions, solve your problems, give you advice and do what I can to help you get to grips with computers, the internet and more.
So, if you want to know more about Google Maps or anything else I.T. related then get in touch and I’ll try and help you.
Andy Mason, IT development lead for Big Local North Cleethorpes and VANEL.