This week some advice, guidance and activities have changed in relation to Covid-19 and lockdown. NELC’s latest newsletter is a helpful summary of the latest advice as well as important numbers to call should you or others you know need to know about.
Latest Government guidance on staying alert and safe with social distancing can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing
· Advice on how to stay safe outside your home can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-safe-outside-your-home
· Want to know what you can and can’t do in the latest Government guidelines? Find out more at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do
· Advice and guidance for businesses that are now open can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19
The Government is giving regular updates, advice and guidance about its response to the pandemic. For the most up-to-date information, visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
· We’re lifting some of the restrictions in place at our Community Recycling Centres (tips) in Grimsby and Immingham. Some restrictions remain in place and you should only visit if it is absolutely necessary. Store your waste and recycling at home if you can do it safely. Find out more at https://www.nelincs.gov.uk/covid-19-recycling-centre-update/
· The Wellbeing Service is continuing to provide free, confidential support during COVID-19. Find out more at https://www.nelincs.gov.uk/upgrade-your-health-and-wellbeing/
· If you are working age and currently receive financial support to help you pay your council tax, you will receive a further discount of up to £150. We are also making support available to those who receive working tax credits. Find out more at https://www.nelincs.gov.uk/thousands-of-homes-to-receive-updated-council-tax-bills-this-week/
· At least 300,000 people have quit smoking, 550,000 have tried to quit and 2.4 million have cut down on the amount of cigarettes they smoke due to growing concerns around Coronavirus and the increased risk smokers face. Read more at https://www.nelincs.gov.uk/300000-smokers-have-quitforcovid/
Regular updates about council services affected by COVID-19 are listed at https://www.nelincs.gov.uk/coronavirus.
Where to find the latest information and guidance
· Help in your community: https://www.nelincs.gov.uk/coronavirus
· Latest information on coronavirus: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
· NHS information on coronavirus: https://www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
Useful numbers and advice
· Support for those isolating without anyone to support them and pick-up supplies, call (01472) 313131.
· Health. If you are struggling to manage your symptoms, call 111. If you are in urgent need of medical assistance, call 999.
· Domestic Abuse (women and men). NEL Women’s Aid (01472) 575757, https://www.womensaidnel.org/. Men’s Helpline 0808 8010327.
· Wellbeing. If you’re struggling with your mental health, call (01472) 256256.
· Citizens Advice, call 03444 111444.
· Carers’ Support Service (support for informal carers). Visit https://www.carerssupportcentre.com/nel/ or call (01472) 242277.
· HEY Credit Union has come up with a handy financial wellbeing guide to help people in the current crisis. For more information, visit https://www.hullandeycu.co.uk/news.php?article=16-Financial+Wellbeing+Guide#.Xqb9BWhKi70