Covid-19 information for residents
You can subscribe to a daily email update from Gov.uk to find out all the official news
The NHS page on coronavirus is here. Make sure you’ve read it.
Individuals or organisations needing volunteer support can now start requesting this via the NHS referral process that is now in place. Referrals need to be made by a NHS or GOV representative.
The form is here and the guidance is here.
Useful numbers and advice
· Support for those isolating without anyone to support them and pick-up supplies, call (01472) 313131.
· Health. If you are struggling to manage your symptoms, call 111. If you are in urgent need of medical assistance, call 999.
· Domestic Abuse (women and men). NEL Women’s Aid (01472) 575757, https://www.womensaidnel.org/. Men’s Helpline 0808 8010327.
· Wellbeing. If you’re struggling with your mental health, call (01472) 256256.
· Citizens Advice, call 03444 111444.
· Carers’ Support Service (support for informal carers). Visit https://www.carerssupportcentre.com/nel/ or call (01472) 242277.
· HEY Credit Union has come up with a handy financial wellbeing guide to help people in the current crisis. For more information, visit https://www.hullandeycu.co.uk/news.php?article=16-Financial+Wellbeing+Guide#.Xqb9BWhKi70
If you are volunteering or simply helping a neighbour then here’s a guide to helping safely.
Community Policing: An update from Inspector Stephenson about community policing during the crisis. Read it here.
Local support groups coming online all the time:
If you run a local voluntary or community organisation, charity or social enterprise then we’ve got a separate page of information here. If you want to talk to someone at Big Local please use our contact page here.